If you have a cluttered garage space, it hampers your ability to use it for what it is meant for – parking and productive home storage facility.
However, the good news is; cleaning your garage isn’t that difficult. All you need is to have the right storage essentials to maximize your space and create a clutter-free garage.
Well, there may be a variety of storage ideas to consider for your garage, but today, we are going to talk about one of our favorites – garage storage hooks and racks. Having these hooks will not only free up the floor space but also keep your possessions safe from potential risk and damage as the result of rodents, grime, and puddles.
You can store just about anything on your garage walls using the right type of garage hook. Isn’t that great? So, how do you figure out the right hook for your needs? How will you organize the tools using these hooks? It’s simple. Read this informative guide to find your answers.
Must-Have Storage Hooks and Racks for Your Garage
Table of Contents
- Must-Have Storage Hooks and Racks for Your Garage
- How High Should You Place the Garage Storage Hooks?
- How Should You Organize Your Tools in Your Garage?
- It’s Time to Reclaim Your Garage Floor Space with Clever Wall Storage Ideas
It’s time to get the chaos under control with these clever storage hooks.
You can keep your bikes off the ground with a vertical bike hook. So, if you and your family enjoy biking together, having these garage storage hooks will save a lot of floor space in your garage.
Don’t worry; there are hooks even to store these large, bulky items:
- Keep your plastic storage bins off the ground with the help of bin holder brackets
- Store heavy stuff like a ladder, folding tables, and step stools safely by hanging them on heavy-duty dual brackets
- Use utility hooks to store seasonal gear like snowboards, wakeboards, and folding chairs
- Consider gravity hooks to protect your fishing rods and store other items like a shovel, push brooms, and garden tools
- Put the long, winding garden hose or utility cords on the nylon strap hooks
If you have too many tools cluttering your drawers and cabinets, consider getting a magnetic hook or a magnetic tool holder rack. Equipping your garage wall with this hook allows you to keep everything handy and organized at the same time. You may even consider getting a heavy-duty drill holder hook to keep your favorite power tool well-protected and easily accessible. Additionally, considering a paper towel hook can provide you with the facilities for a quick cleanup.
Camping chairs, beach umbrellas, and sports equipment are likely sitting in your garage. To avoid having these items getting in the way, it is best to invest in this convenient wall storage option. It is made from 100 percent nylon, and the straps come with adjustable Velcro loops that can easily hold items up to 50 pounds.
You can use every available surface in the garage as storage, including your garage doors. Mount these clever fishing rod storage racks on the back of your garage door to conveniently store fishing rods and various yard tools like rakes and shovels.
Apart from these hooks and racks, you can also consider getting all-purpose hooks to organize anything and everything you wish to.
In addition to the hooks, you may even consider getting heavy-duty garage wall shelves to place the bins as well as the boxes that come with new appliances and equipment. You can mount these metal shelves on the wall and stack the boxes and bins easily for a perfectly organized look.
How High Should You Place the Garage Storage Hooks?
There are no exact measurements for this. However, it is recommended to place the hooks at a height where the tools stay off the ground and beyond the reach of children or rodents but, at the same time, are still within your reach. It is advisable to keep the most dangerous tools that are not often used higher than the rest.
How Should You Organize Your Tools in Your Garage?
Go through these fun tips to ensure that you are organizing your tools correctly in your garage:
- As mentioned earlier, it is best to equip your garage space with the necessary garage storage hooks. It all depends on what type of tools and products you are storing in your garage. Choose accordingly and start organizing them.
- Don’t forget to label your drawer, cabinet, case, bin, or any storage product that you have used. This will reduce the effort of searching for a specific tool every time.
- Separate your tools by type rather than storing them randomly.
- Keep the frequently-used tools in convenient locations like top drawers, mounted cabinets, or magnet hook pegboards.
- Keep the seldom-used tools out of your way. This allows you to keep your primary tools organized.
- Do not leave heavy items like ladders and folding tables on the garage floor. Instead, hang them using heavy-duty dual brackets.
It’s Time to Reclaim Your Garage Floor Space with Clever Wall Storage Ideas
Organizing your garage space should now be easy and fun with this detailed guide on decluttering your floor space. You may consider any garage storage solutions from storage hooks and shelves to racks and cabinets. You can also check out some DIY solutions if you want to stay within your budget.
But first, figure out your storage needs and then choose the best storage solutions that can help you access your belongings easily and more efficiently.
Have you already taken up the project of decluttering your garage floor space? We’d love to hear what ideas you have already applied to your garage space and which new idea you look forward to considering from the above guide. Do share your garage wall organization tips and ideas in the comments.